2009 Yamaha WR450FY
The Tougher The Trail The Better.
WR450F features a powerful and reliable highly evolved high-revving five-titanium-valved engine, YZ-bred advanced aluminum frame, push button start, and digital enduro race computer with speedometer, clock, and tripmeter. WR450F is also green sticker spproved for California.
The most powerful, sharp handling, nimble WR ever.
- A YZ-bred advanced aluminum frame—carefully engineered from castings, forgings and extrusions—enhances handling while retaining legendary Yamaha feel and characteristics.
- Highly evolved five-titanium-valved engine starts with the push of a button.
- Cool digital enduro computer offers speedometer, clock, tripmeter, etc., in basic mode or pace management functions such as timer, distance-compensating tripmeter, average speed, etc., when switched to race mode.
- The WR450F is green sticker approved for California.
- 449cc liquid-cooled DOHC four-stroke with five titanium valves delivers more broad power than ever, with high over-rev capacity and crisp, linear throttle response.
- Special WR camshafts, carburetion, intake ports, exhaust, etc., all work together to produce an engine with mind-boggling low- and midrange power.
- Special crank balance factor and AC generator provide super-smooth running. A piston oil-jet provides increased cooling for long life.
- Dry-sump lubrication system carries the oil reservoir inside the engine cases, for excellent mass centralization and simplified plumbing.
- 39mm Keihin® FCR flat-slide carburetor with throttle position sensor (TPS) produces ultra-precise fuel/air mixing and lightning-quick throttle response.
- “No tools” airbox uses hinge-type quick-open lid. Battery rides low for excellent handling.
- Digital CDI ignition system delivers more precise spark and monitors engine speed to ensure optimal timing for fast, strong response during hard acceleration.
- Large-capacity radiators with reinforcements ensure maximum cooling efficiency with great strength.
- Wide-ratio five-speed transmission uses strengthened gears and YZ450F-spec multiplate clutch—good for quick-hitting power in the woods as well as eye-opening top-end power.
- Lightweight exhaust system maximizes engine power and allows hassle-free replacement of oil filter.
- Aluminum muffler with USFS-approved spark arrestor looks trick and keeps things light.
- Works-style clutch lever features oversize barrel adjuster for easy, on-the-fly adjustability of lever/cable play.
- Electric start ensures easy restarts.
- YZ-inspired aluminum frame helps reduce weight while optimizing mass centralization. An extensively tested assembly of aluminum forgings, castings and extrusions, the WR frame retains legendary Yamaha handling and response.
- Removable aluminum rear subframe is constructed of square-section tube for reduced weight.
- Fully adjustable air-/oil-separate 48mm cartridge-type fork delivers precise, fade-free handling; fork protectors provide excellent tube protection.
- Tapered swingarm adopts YZ-style linkage for controlled, compliant rear suspension action. Lightweight axle and holders reduce weight in a critical area.
- The KYB® shock provides 12.0 inches of travel with adjusters for high- and low-speed compression damping, rebound and spring preload—and features a larger piggyback reservoir for excellent damping and fade resistance.
- Wave-type brake discs reduce unsprung weight and provide excellent performance. Front and rear calipers with aluminum pistons deliver strong stopping power with progressive feel.
- Lightweight 21-inch front and 18-inch rear Excel rims provide exceptional durability and help reduce unsprung weight for optimal suspension performance.
- Premium Dunlop® knobbies offer unbeatable, competition-spec traction and excellent wear.
- Cool YZ-derived bodywork and a thick seat look great and feel excellent on long rides. ProTaper® aluminum handlebar in forged triple clamp for light weight and great comfort.
- Slim-design lightweight fuel tank holds 2.1 gallons.
- One-piece, high-strength, plastic skid plate shaves weight and offers great protection.
- Lightweight, 35-watt headlight and sweet LED taillight maximize visibility and draw less current.
- Adjustable front brake lever.
- Ultra-wide footpegs for more comfort.
- Repackable aluminum muffler shaves weight.
- Front wheel collar makes front wheel removal quick and easy.
- Type: 449 cc liquid-cooled DOHC 4-stroke; 5 titanium valves
- Bore x Stroke: 95.0 mm x 63.4 mm
- Compression Ratio: 12.3:1
- Carburetion: Keihin® FCR 39
- Ignition: CDI
- Transmission: Constant-mesh 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: Chain Drive
- Suspension/Front: Inverted fork; fully adjustable, 11.8-in. travel
- Suspension/Rear: Single shock; fully adjustable, 12-in. travel
- Brakes/Front: Hydraulic single disc brake, 250 mm
- Brakes/Rear: Hydraulic single disc brake, 245 mm
- Tires/Front: 80/100-21 51M
- Tires/Rear: 110/100-18 64M
- Length: 85.6 in.
- Width: 32.5 in.
- Height: 51.0 in.
- Seat Height: 38.6 in.
- Wheelbase: 58.5 in.
- Ground Clearance: 14.4 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 2.1 gal.
- Wet Weight: 271 lbs.
- Warranty: 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Engine Type
- 449 cc liquid-cooled DOHC 4-stroke; 5 titanium valves
- 449 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 95.0 mm x 63.4 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Keihin® FCR 39
- Front Suspension
- Inverted fork; fully adjustable, 11.8-in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Hydraulic single disc brake, 250 mm
- Front Tire
- 80/100-21 51M
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock; fully adjustable, 12-in. travel
- Rear Brakes
- Hydraulic single disc brake, 245 mm
- Rear Tire
- 110/100-18 64M
- Dry Weight
- 271 lbs.
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.1 gal.
- 58.5 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 14.4 in.
- Seat Height
- 38.6 in.
- Constant-mesh 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive
- Chain Drive
- Team Yamaha Blue/White
- 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)